Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: I did not win the Mother of the Year Award

I know, I know. It is shocking that I did not capture the title, but it appears I did not. I am so offensive to other moms you would not believe it. I am shocked. I just can't get it all down. For some reason, I can't just follow the magical book.
My most serious offenses:
1. I impromperly dress my child.
2. I do not let her cry it out at night
3. I just started solid foods at 6 months (I mean seriously, what is wrong with me)
4. I made my own baby food...GASP!

I wonder if the Mommy Police have a warrant out for my arrest....

But hey, I have to admit, I am having a blast with this mom thing, even if I am not doing it the "right" way. It does not appear that my daughter has been harmed in anyway. Since people are obsessed with what babies are doing, here is the list:
1. She sleeps through the night most nights. If she wakes up and is not hungry, I can hear her playing and singing (that is what I like to call it at least) to her animals.
2. She sits. And she loves to sit. Every toy is new and exciting from that angle. She likes to fling herself from this position--I guess she likes adventure.
3. She loves dogs.
4. She loves stuffed monkeys. Try taking it away--not pretty.
5. She stopped rolling over. Oh well. It was fun.
6. She can sort of crawl--only it is backward and she looks like a little inch worm.
7. She likes sweet potatoes (hey, at least SOMEONE likes my cooking. She thinks I am Martha Stewart). Feeding time is rough though--she prefers if she uses the spoon. I wonder where she gets that from...
8. She laugh a lot more now. Mirrors really do it.
9. She likes to hold onto things and stand---and preferrably hold onto something that she can shake.

On the sappy side, she has started to reach out for me, touch my face and hold my hands. It is super cute.

It is very sad not to win the Mother of the Year Award, but I will survive. :)

No comments: