Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to You!

WOW! It is so hard for me to believe that E is going to be two years old tomorrow. It honestly feels like she just got here sometimes...and at other times, it seems like she has always been here. Two years ago at this time I was already in the hospital. :)

She is an interesting two year...she is super sensitive, she loves dolls...and well dinosaurs, cars, airplanes ("hairplanes") and almost everything. She seems to love to read the most...wonder where she got that from. She is obsessed with all of the people in her lives--especially Mr. Jack and Mr. Scoutie! :) She is so independent, creative, jabbers up a storm and loves to organize. LOL! Wonder where she gets that from! ;)

We have been having such a fun summer together. I admit that not having her in daycare has been difficult on me--teaching and taking 6 credits over the summer. BUT, it is nice that we can just have this summer to play, swim, read, have smoothies and the list goes on. It is the last summer before "baby baby sister" (as she calls the baby) gets here.

Baby Baby Sister seems to have an agenda of her own! ;) I can really feel her kick--with E my placenta was anterior, shielding me from the kicks and movements. Not this time! Baby Baby Sister is wild, wild, and WILD! Everyone is asleep during the thunderstorm--and she manages to wake me up from her dancing--and I am a sound sleeper. She seems to really like my wacky music, and so far, she is enjoying the summer of teaching public seaking. :) I will say that I am enjoying this pregnancy as I feel less nervous most of the time. I am already have braxton hicks, and I can tell when she is down low. I am at 27 weeks now, close to the point where I started getting sick last time. My blood pressure is up a bit, but is significantly lower than last time. I am hopeful that I will continue to stay healthy and will not have to be induced this time.

I have not dropped out of grad school yet! year three here I come! I finished (well almost) my summer nursing class in Women's Health. I admit that I loved it. I am telling everyone that my new focus area is the role of technology in women's health movements...lol! The class gave me some very real considerations to think about as I approach my dissertation.

Enough shop talk...I am off to get stuff done and attempt to make a dinosaur shaped cake.

No comments: